Well, except for the riding mower dying and me discovering 28 phone messages that had never been heard. Thank you, cheap vTech telephone with the light that is supposed to flash when I get a voice mail. Oh, and the message from my ophthalmologist reminding me of my 8:30 a.m. appointment in the morning.
At 8:30 a.m. my eyes are barely open, let alone properly functioning. Sigh.
Ten Things Tuesday!
1. I got a little grass cut before the mower died, which means, of course, that I am now covered with chigger bites again.
2. I burned a cd for a dear friend.
3. I don’t get hungry until evening. I have no idea why.
4. A friend’s good news makes my heart all happy.
5. When I hear Dr. Perry Cox tear a new one in somebody, I almost melt with lust admiration.
6. Yet another horny, knocked-up teenager? Sigh, but it doesn’t really concern me. The polar bears, on the other hand, do.
7. Rumor mongers, no matter what their affiliation or who their target might be, are sad, shameful, hateful people.
9. Steve Spangler’s water jelly crystals really work. Seriously, it’s incredible.
10. I have tried every brand of chicken nugget sold in America, from el cheapo-rooney to the kind that costs more than two pounds of fresh deboned chicken breasts served by a waiter wearing a cummerbund, and it all comes down to this: the best chicken nuggets are the inexpensive Banquet chicken nuggets.
No, there are no children living here full-time now. Why do you ask?
No two people in this house like the same kind of barbecue sauce, so one entire shelf in the refrigerator door contains nothing but barbecue sauce. When you come over, you may have your pick. Or, I’ll be happy to make some for you. You’ll be the guest, so you’ll be in charge.
Good news from a good friend: It just makes my whole day. I’ve been smiling for hours, for them.