Mamacita says: Just because I haven’t done these things yet doesn’t mean I’ll never do them. I ain’t dead yet. Then again, some things most people do all the time don’t interest me in the least, so, yeah, I’ll never do them. But you can. I’m not the boss of you.
1. I’ve never seen Dr. Oz. Couldn’t pick him out of a line-up.
2. Game of Thrones? Nope.
3. Reality shows? Not for love or money. Or even Diet Coke.
4. I still haven’t used an ATM for myself, but as my sister pointed out, she did run me through it for her once.
5. Duck Dynasty? Not even if it were a loved one’s last request.
6. I have passed a few bright, creative, hardworking students who for unforeseen reasons didn’t actually earn enough points, but I will never do it if they ask me to.
7. I never gave a pass to a student athlete who only became interested in grades right before a game. Let him sit on the bench and think about his choices. No pass/no play. I’m all for it.
8. My occasionally ill-timed talent for seeing through the bullshit has not endeared me to a few administrators, but it’s a talent I wouldn’t trade for free Diet Coke forever. It’s gotten me in hot water a few times, but it’s also saved the day. My day, or a student’s day, not the administrator’s day. I would far rather be the person being persecuted for justice’s sake than the person sucking up for easy street’s sake. The penalties can be severe, but right is right and wrong is wrong and never the twain shall meet. I have never sucked up, and there is no brown on my nose. And I have never backed down for the sake of compromise when students are at the heart of a matter. (Unlike a few administrators I know.)
9. I have never learned to like tomatoes or onions.
10. I have never had a client whose products, philosophies, or services I have not personally used. I have never endorsed something I haven’t personally tried. The only exception to that would be the client who sold unique death and burial services. The services were cool, but I wasn’t ready to try them out.
It’s getting ready to pour down rain again. Must be southern Indiana springtime. The humidity is getting old really fast, though.
As are we all.
Love this all. Except for the ATM. It’s not hard. I promise.