Mamacita says: I’m listening to Straight No Chaser, and it’s impossible to be completely whiny when those blazingly, almost impossibly, talented guys are singing straight to me and me only. . . .
I know they’re big stuff now, and I’m glad because they so totally deserve to be big stuff, but let it be known that I loved them before you did.
But grooving all over Straight No Chaser is something I’ve already done and will continue to do. Here are some things I haven’t done yet:
1. I really need to mow the grass one more time before the snow covers it. Why do I need to do this? Because I’m hosting Thanksgiving, and I don’t want my family to get their knees wet when they walk across my lawn. And why, you might wonder, would their knees get wet if they walked across my lawn? You’re not really wondering, are you. Some of you have been here.
2. I haven’t taken the huge stack of midterm exams – makeup version – to the Testing Center yet, but I’ll do that tomorrow afternoon. Pig-genre Flu has taken its toll on my students.
3. I haven’t washed the fifteen bread pans I used this afternoon yet. I didn’t even know I owned fifteen bread pans, but I guess I do. Spread out all over the stovetop and counters as they are, a casual observer might guess that I owned a hundred bread pans. The dishwasher won’t hold them all, that’s for sure.
4. I haven’t loaded my Christmas music into my cd jukebox yet, but I’m thinking about it. I always try to wait until after Halloween, at least, but I do love me some purty Christmas music. If my mention of this fact has offended anyone, suck it up. People who take offense at other people’s celebrations make me tired.
5. I still haven’t stopped humming awesome Beatles’ songs; I’ve been a fan since sixth grade and since I saw “1964” a couple of weeks ago, the obsession has surfaced again. (Thank you so very much, Smaller Indiana!!!!)
6. There are leftovers in my refrigerator that have almost achieved the “science project” level. I haven’t cleaned it out in a while. Perhaps I should do that tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. The sun’ll come out tomorrow. I’ll think about that tomorrow.
7. In my head, I’m still at Blog World Expo in Vegas. I haven’t really come home yet. I mean, I’m home, and back to work, but I’m not entirely here. Note: this is NOT the same thing as “She ain’t all there.” Although, there has been some doubt for some time. . . . .
8. Whenever I use an ordinary trash bag, I see gnats – or worse. When I use a Repellem trash bag, there are NO bugs to be seen anywhere in the house. They even take care of the ladybug beetles, which is nothing short of extraordinary for southern Indiana. I need to order some more Repellem bags. I haven’t done that for a while.
9. I still hate Pentax. Haven’t come down from the shoddy treatment yet.
10. It’s nearly three a.m. and I have to get up in a few hours. I always do this on Sunday nights. When will I ever learn? Probably never, that’s when.
And now, Carly Simon has begun to sing “bedroom songs, ” so maybe that’s where I’d best go.
Goodnight, dear Blogosphere.