Mamacita says: It’s hard to type with a cat curled up on the keyboard.
1. My two cats follow me all over the house, and lie down to nap only when I sit. They fight over who gets to nap on the table by my left arm. The loser naps on my feet.
2. My BlogHer tiara is beside my laptop. I might wear it on occasion.
3. Everyone neat and pretty? NEAT AND PRETTY! Today is Tuesday! You know what that means! (Every Tuesday I lie in wait for my husband to say “Today is Tuesday” just so I can finish the quote!) Yes, I was so obsessed with the original Mickey Mouse Club as a child that I would pull my little chair as close to the tv screen as possible and positively quiver with anticipation. I wore my Mickey Mouse ears, propped my Mouseketeer doll against my feet, and held my Mouseguitar in my lap. To this day I can still hum the Mouseketeer song backwards, because, being me, that’s how I liked to turn the little handle on the guitar and play the song.
4. I did the same thing with my Jack-in-the-box – turned the handle backwards and memorized the tune both ways. The “Jack” only annoyed me; he interrupted the melody!
5. We have a few fragile Christmas ornaments that play music when you turn the tiny handle. It takes a lot of will power for me NOT to do the backwards melody thing with them. I have a feeling it would break them, and that’s the only thing that holds me back. If I thought I could blame the cats, I might do it anyway.
6. Blog Indiana is in a few days. I’m really looking foward to it! There are still a few tickets available; why don’t YOU go, too? I’ll share my SweeTarts with you! (What’s a seminar without SweeTarts?)
7. Does anybody know what happened to Opie’s mother?
8. I am an unbelievable nitpicker when it comes to continuity in plotlines. Continuity is important, even in a tv show. For example, if someone has a sister in one show, that character should not be portrayed as an only child in other segments. If someone’s wife is named Mildred in several episodes, that same wife should not be referred to as Lorraine later on. If a man’s son is a dentist whose wife has a baby girl in one episode, that same man should not be portrayed as having only a daughter in a later show. Bonus points if you know which show.
9. Betty Suarez’s nerdy boyfriend Henry? That guy who always said “It’s just something I know”? I thought he was one adorable sexy dude until he got his OTHER girlfriend pregnant. Then I just thought he was an idiot.
10. I do love a good book-on-tape in the car! My husband made fun of my mega-beloved unabridged Jane Eyre book-on-cd until his brain became accustomed to the language and he got hooked on the plotline. But I’ll never tell.
It’s after 4 a.m. , so G’night, all.