Mamacita says: Election Day is fast approaching and I still don’t know for sure which candidate I’ll be voting for. Every time I think I’ve decided, someone will do or say something moronic or creepy and I change my mind. Back and forth, back and forth. . . . my opinions on all things political have turned into windshield wipers. If I could figure out how to include the squirty washer-fluid thing I’d be set. In the meantime, all I know for sure is that when the polls open, I WILL be there. Those who don’t vote can’t rightfully spout opinions, and those who know me know I have an opinion or two. Or three.
1. I love to make pies. I don’t eat them, but I love to make them.
2. I think I put the flannel sheets on the bed too soon.
3. The cats are getting furry-er.
4. Midterm exams are next week. Holy cow.
6. The furnace kicked on last night.
7. I plan to make oatmeal-raisin cookies when I get home from school tonight around ten or so. I don’t like raisins in ANYTHING, but others in this house do.
8. Raisins, in fact, are NASTY.
9. I’ve fallen in love with Texas Pepper Jelly. Pour some over a slab of cream cheese and you’ve got an appetizer fit for a king.
10. Besides which, FREEBIES!!!!!!!
The regional campus is HOT, as in NOT COLD. I would much rather be too hot than too cold, so I’m actually fine with it, now that I know it’s the building and not menopause.
Sweating doesn’t bother me if it’s coming from outside sources.
It’s four p.m. and I haven’t eaten anything yet. Go, me!
It’s been a good day so far. Best of all, though: I scored a three-dollar DVD of “Close Encounters” in the Big Lots bin after my morning classes! “He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him!”
This means something.