Mamacita says: Here are Ten Things I Haven’t Done Yet. Still. At this point, why hurry?
1. I still haven’t ever used an ATM machine. Someone told me you had to put money in there to get money out. Well, that lets me out of that one.
2. Oprah’s off the air now, so my claim of “I’ve never watched Oprah” will stand unchallenged forever.
3. I’m still not tired of reading and re-reading the Harry Potter books. I find something new every time.
4. Still not bored with listening to Jim Dale’s sexy voice reading Harry Potter – unabridged – out loud to me as I grade papers.
5. I still won’t admit that an abridged version of any book is anything remotely positive. I never will – because abridgements are the devil. Yes, THAT devil.
6. I still can’t conceive of a teacher NOT embracing tech being of much good; refusing to keep up with the world brings students down, when a teacher’s job is to help students soar.
7. I’m still not completely moved out of this house into the other house. I’m living in a house with one chair, a table, a few appliances, and a bed. Everything else is in the new house. We’re waiting for our mover to come down and save us from our obvious insanity. Oh, is that politically incorrect? If the shoe fits. . . .
8. I still haven’t stopped believing that most euphemisms are stupid.
9. I have not yet given up the absurd notion that nobody deserves anything he/she hasn’t earned.
10. I haven’t changed my mind about public behavior, ie decent adults do not melt down in public, period, and people of any age who won’t/can’t behave properly in public have no right to spoil an occasion for anyone else. Wanna fight?
Here’s Number Eleven. Consider it a bonus.
11. I firmly believe that if you are using someone else’s money, no matter how or why you got it, you should be prepared and willing to jump through a few hoops for it. After all, it isn’t really yours because you didn’t earn it. You want my money? Cut my grass. That the last sentence there is a near-rhyme for “kiss my ass” is a mere coincidence.
Being broke sucks. Being broke and watching someone else buying ice cream and steak with my tax dollars sucks even harder.
I should stop going to the grocery store on weekends.